Monday, February 05, 2007

My Friend Sarah



Well, my friend and former coworker just left this past weekend for New York and then East Africa with her children. I am super excited for her, and for the children. They will be gone for several months. What an adventure! I am on her group list so will hear from her then. Have already heard from her at the airport in New York. How lovely to be leaving behind -30C frigid weather to feel the hot sun shine down upon your body in the grasslands of Africa. They intend on spending their first month touring around before picking a spot to settle down for a while and absorb the culture, likely in Tanzania. I am still researching where I would like to travel in East Africa when I go. This is not a photo of my friend. This is a Bantu woman and her little one.






Huyu ni mtoto wangu = this is my child
Ni suki nzuri sana! = What a beautiful day

No comments: